Hi, i’m Phil and i set up this website to share my love of all different types of drinks, both new and old. I think i’ve tried most varieties of beer and wine going but there are lots of exciting new incarnations coming out all the time i want to share my journey discovering them.
Ive been to vineyards and wine regions all over the world and am fascinated with wine making. My absolute favourite vineyard visit was Boekenhoustkloof in Franschhoek, South Africa. There was a small party, the tasting session could last as long as you want, the setting was magical and the vinter was an expert.
- Napa Valley, Sonoma (US)
- Franschhoek and Stellenbosch (South Africa)
- St-Estèphe, Pauillac, St-Julien, Margaux, St Emilion, Pomerol, Nice Loire, Champange etc (France)
- Tbilisi (Georgia)
- Barossa (Australia)
- Marlborough (NZ)
- Tuacany (Italy)
- La Rioja (Spain)
What can i say about my beer experience? Ive been to countries all over the world and sampled all their local beers. I think i must have tried the most global beers out of anyone i know. I love finding a new beer, in a new region, that just blows you away. Of course some of the great beer experiences are situational. Drinking a crisp cold beer on a ski slope or a sunny beach just adds to your enjoyment.
Some of the countries i’ve been to and enjoyed beer in include…
- Europe – England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, Ireland, Germany, France, Italy, Spain, Poland, Holland, Belgium, Czech Rep, Greece, Portugal, Hungary, Austria, Serbia, Switzerland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia, Serbia, Latvia, Andorra, Vatican, Iceland, Faroe Islands
- Africa – Egypt, South Africa, Mozambique
- Middle East/Central Europe – Jordan, Georgia, Dubai
- Asia – Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, Cambodia, Singapore, Malaysia, Borneo, Indonesia
- Pacific – Australia, New Zealand, Samoa
- North America – US, Canada
- Central America – Mexico, Costa Rica, Dominican Rep, Cuba
- South America – Venezuela, Brazil, Argentina, Ecuador, Galapagos, Peru, Chile
I think thats most of them lol! I did a lot of travelling in my youth, lots of back pack and inter railing adventures with good friends. Nothing beats being on holiday trying a local beer, but the next best thing is exploring them from home with internet orders! Although my local craft beer market is so good its hard to stray too far away at the minute.